An experienced consultant with highly developed expertise in messaging standards and application integration, who has delivered broad cost-savings in a global business. A ‘generalist’ with wide experience in both electrical and mechanical engineering as well as computing (hardware and software)
MBCS CITP, PGCE(IT)
Training & Development, Sustainability...Show More
Pharmaceutical, SME, Technology...Show More
VP Global IT Architecture
Reduce the cost and manpower used to process diverse order and forecast data formats used by SMEs when supplying data to GSK manufacturing processes
Provide for SMEs a Lotus Domino interface to the existing international XML standards based internal/external messaging system used for internal ordering to large 3rd party... read moreProvide for SMEs a Lotus Domino interface to the existing international XML standards based internal/external messaging system used for internal ordering to large 3rd party manufacturing companies
Removed £3M from the supplychain for a cost of £50K and reduced the error rate to less than 1%
SmithKline Beecham Plc
VP Global IR Services
Information & Communications Technology
Create a pilot for a global internal trading network based on existing international standards
Rollout of EDI based financial and product manufacturing messages integrated with the existing BPCS and JD Edwards platforms.
Working closely with the platform specialists, established pilot implementations in plants in Eire, UK, France, Germany, Belgium and Australia. The project was closed after the... read moreWorking closely with the platform specialists, established pilot implementations in plants in Eire, UK, France, Germany, Belgium and Australia. The project was closed after the pilot due to the takeover of SB by GlaxoWelcome, followed by a decision to use XML based standards. This resulted in worldwide rollout of the new standards and the creation of a GSK XML Centre of Excellence
Water Matters (EU) Ltd
Retail Start up
• Start up company developing and marketing ecologically sound water related products which are focussed on lowering usage and pollution reduction
• Technical product evaluation
• Development of support technician accreditation program
• Development and management of all support processes
• Initiation of Research and Development of existing and future products
GlaxoSmithKline Plc/Smithkline Beecham Plc
Messaging Standards Service Manager
Messaging standards service manager
• Responsible for the design and validation and approval of all XML messages used over the GSK Network for both internal and external trading partners.
• Responsible for ensuring alignement with external standards where possible.
• Introduction of SOAP over middleware and EFT process design and support.
SOA service manager
• Implementation of the central SOA repository.
• Support for the GSK Architecture Council.
• Training of both internal and external users in new technologies, processes and procedures including production of training and reference materials
Architecture reuse champion
• Ensuring that the supported business processes are fully aligned with GSK’s Target Architecture and negotiating with senior management as to how deviations will be managed out.
• Driving reuse of architectures, patterns and standards, and educating the development community in the benefits or reuse (reduced development costs and application portfolio).
• Contributed to the development of international message standards through involvement with GS1, European Electronic Messaging Association, EDIFICE (www.edifice.org) and SITPRO (www.sitpro.org.uk)
• Internal global consultant to all projects involving XML messaging
• Managed the continued development of the Integrated Trade Management EDI messaging system
• Installation in the UK/Ireland/Germany/France/ Belgium/Australia
• Design, construction and management of Lotus Domino Internet gateway for 3rd party suppliers to the Enterprise trading system.
• Design, construction and management of a company wide addressing schema, using EAN13 codes.
• Design and construction assistance and management of EDI gateways for 3rd party suppliers to the Enterprise trading system.
Springboard Consultancy Ltd
• External consultant to the Integrated Trade Management Project (ITM) at SmithKline Beecham including design and implementation of EDI messages and integration of EDI with JD Edwards and BPCS. Development and delivery of on-site training for site IR personnel.
• Network consultancy, training and database design. Hardware and software support and training. Ad hoc work for a national training company as a self-employed trainer.
Support and training
• 1 year contract with Community Network Services Ltd. Responsible for pre- and post sales support of the BIFAnet EDIFACT project which was purchased by CNS Ltd in July 94. Production of Manuals and all User and Help Desk training. Continued support of the BIFA internal network.
• Lanier (UK) Ltd, Wokingham, Berks. 4 month contract to facilitate verification and transfer of customer, service, leasing and financial data to Lanier from Consolidated Microvision. This follows the collapse of CM in January 1991,and the purchase by Lanier of the CM Service Database.
Development and implementation
• External consultant to the British International Freight Association, to produce a working EDI and eMail system (BIFAnet) for freight forwarders using EDIFACT standards to support communication with HM Customs & Excise, shippers and carriers, nationally and internationally. Full hardware and software technical support to the Association, including the replacement and redesign of their internal IT network.